Puritan Belief

The Puritans are the men of God who started in the 16th century building on the purity of the gospel message that Salvation is by Grace alone.

Saved By Grace and Grace Alone

"Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found was blind but now I see". John Newton

The story of John Newton strikes a chord in the heart of every sinner become saint. When Jesus saves men apart from works and by grace alone the Joy is unspeakable because the saving of the wretch like me was done when the eyes were blinded and the soul was lost.

This darkness into light experience is something that only the true Christian can testify about. Many people have testified to their wonderful friends who helped them out of troubles or perhaps a lovely church group that made them feel wanted and needed yet it is the true Christian that testifies to the saving work of grace and grace alone.


John Newtons Dream

When one studies the life of John Newton perhaps the most memorable time in his life apart from the lyrics of Amazing Grace was John Newtons strange dream. Whilst on a voyaging ship a man handed him a ring which has extreme beauty and precious beyond comprehension. This ring symbolised his eternal salvation. Within moments the man leaves and the devil appears and says to him that he does not deserve the ring. Yet John replies "I was given it and will not give it up". With persistence the devil wins and John gives up the ring. In an instant the waters subside and are replaced with fire consuming the boat. Moments before the flames overtake him the man appears again and the fires die down. The man (Jesus) asks "John where is the ring I gave you". John replies "you told me to hang onto it but I have failed I gave it up". Jesus replies "John I knew you would give up the ring that is why (opening his hands and displaying the ring) I will keep your ring for you in heaven and no one can take it away from me."

Summary
You see Jesus makes it clear that no one can snatch his children from his hands. Not even the children. He guards them and they are precious to him for the price that he paid, he paid in full, he paid in his blood.

Add Your Comment(3)

Saved By Grace and Grace Alone
Posted by Correy Tuesday, December 06, 2005

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

May 12, 2007 10:59 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being new to this, I wondered if this be true, that there's only a certain amount of souls to be saved, that they were designated by God for salvation and that none others will be welcomed.

I see often people deriding, belittling those who do believe. In my past, I thought it was the other way around, that more believed and followed, but sadly, I was wrong on that. Then, again, the Bible does state that we will be persecuted for our beliefs.

I hope I am ready and will stand with the saints, I pray for forgiveness for my life of sin and that there's enough time to get with the word and tell others of their danger and chance at redeption.

September 30, 2014 1:19 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being new to this, I wondered if this be true, that there's only a certain amount of souls to be saved, that they were designated by God for salvation and that none others will be welcomed.

I see often people deriding, belittling those who do believe. In my past, I thought it was the other way around, that more believed and followed, but sadly, I was wrong on that. Then, again, the Bible does state that we will be persecuted for our beliefs.

I hope I am ready and will stand with the saints, I pray for forgiveness for my life of sin and that there's enough time to get with the word and tell others of their danger and chance at redeption.

September 30, 2014 1:19 AM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Puritan Belief