Puritan Belief

The Puritans are the men of God who started in the 16th century building on the purity of the gospel message that Salvation is by Grace alone.

Doubting Thomas or Believing Thomas

Which person gave the best answer concerning who Jesus is?

Person 1:
"Simon Peter answered You are the Christ the Son of the living God" Matt 16:16

This revelation was definitely from God "....was not revealed to you by man..." yet these words do not reveal the full glory of who Jesus is.

Jesus was called the Son of David, the Son of Man and the Son of God yet He himself questions 'Sonship' a little while later saying "What do you think about the Christ whose Son is He?" Matt:22:42 and also concerning the Father He says "... an hour is coming when I will no longer speak to you in figurative language, but will tell you plainly of the Father" John 16:25 It is clear that Peters revelation of who Jesus is, was true but was it the best answer given to Jesus?

Person 2:
Doubting Thomas
Whenever people think of the Thomas of the Bible they automatically think Doubting Thomas. He had to see where the nails were and place his hand in our Lords side. He was doubting but His revelation of who Jesus is far outweighs any of the other disciples.

"...Thomas answered and said unto Him My Lord and My God" John 20:28 (KJV)

Behold the glory, behold the majesty, the splendor and mystery revealed to Thomas in this moment. He believed that it was Jesus who was His Lord and God it was Jesus who is the great I AM, the beginning and the end. Jesus is the lamb who sits upon the throne. It is about Jesus that "The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord." Mark 12:29

Every Christian hence forth has the same testimony Thomas proclaimed that day when they are born again. Their spiritual eyes are open and they exclaim with Joy knowing Jesus as "My Lord and My God".

Add Your Comment(2)

Doubting Thomas or Believing Thomas
Posted by Correy Sunday, January 01, 2006

2 Comments:

Blogger Rand said...

"Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice." (John 18:37)

The Second Birth brings a soul into the Truth, the Truth that is in Christ Jesus. Those who are born-again, hear the Lord Jesus Christ and they follow.

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me." (John 10:27)

Praise the Great and Good Shepherd, who has sought out and saved this poor and lost sheep from it's own wicked ways.

January 03, 2006 6:17 AM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy how you put this Rand this is Jesus' purpose and the reason he came so that his words his randsom and calvary would save His sheep.

The glory is when your eyes are opened to have the same revelation as Thomas regarding your shepherd.

"My Lord and My God"

All other religions sell Jesus short and take him off the throne and put some other mystical figure there yet the Christian exalts Jesus to the highest position and worships Him alone.

January 04, 2006 6:02 PM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Puritan Belief