Puritan Belief

The Puritans are the men of God who started in the 16th century building on the purity of the gospel message that Salvation is by Grace alone.

Scripture explanation (monotheistic)!

PART 2: The Lord our God is ONE person, Jesus Christ our Lord and God!

HE is not many persons! “HE”, is one person!
It is impossible for a “HE” or “HIM” to be many!
Trinitarians falsely say that God is many persons, because they do not understand the Scripture and most likely they do not know God.
2 Thessalonians 1:8. God will punish those who do not know God!
Just like Jesus said; “If you do not believe that I am HE you will die in your sins”. (John 8:24)

John 16:25-28. Jesus said about the Father.
“Though I have been speaking FIGURATIVELY, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you PLAINLY about my FATHER. (v.26) In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. (v.27) No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. (v.28) I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”

(v.26). In “That day” you will ask me in my name.
Q: = In which day?
A: = ‘That day’, is the day for every believer in Jesus Christ, when he or she is born again, only on that day they are in Christ and Christ is in them and only then they are, can and will ask in His name.
Q: = (v.27). From which God or other person did Jesus come from?
A: = Jesus did not come from any other person. Jesus came forth from the Spirit (Holy Spirit), for God is Spirit (John 4:24) and became flesh Jesus Christ our Lord and God.
Q: = (v.28). Did Jesus come from another person and is He going back to that other person?
A: = Jesus is still speaking FIGURATIVELY to you, but I will answer you PLAINLY; the Lord Jesus came from the Father who is Spirit (Luke 1:35) and entered into this world, and after His death, He left the world and the flesh back to the Spirit (except the resurrection body), because God is Spirit. (John 4:24)

Jesus is telling you plainly, that He is the Father!
(John 8:19) “You do not know me or my Father, if you knew me; you would know my Father also. (John 14:7) If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have SEEN him”.
Or in plain words; you are looking at the Father!
(Col.2:9) The fullness of God dwells in Jesus Christ our Lord and God.
Jesus never said that the Father and I are TWO! On the contrary, He always said that the Father and I are ONE!
(Rom. 9:5) Jesus Christ is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

Add Your Comment(11)

Scripture explanation (monotheistic)!
Posted by Paul G Sunday, May 25, 2008

11 Comments:

Blogger Paul G said...

(Genesis 1:26) Jesus said; let US make man in OUR image, in OUR likeness.
On that passage the Lord has not given me understanding yet.
I do not understand why the Lord would use that kind of language in Genesis.

If the Lord has given you insight into that passage, please leave a comment.

May 25, 2008 3:50 PM   Edit
Blogger Paul G said...

All Trinitarians;
Heb. 9:16-17.
In case of a will, where there is an inheritance to receive.
That inheritance is not given to the children while the Father is still alive.
Only when the Father has died, then the inheritance is given to the children!

Question;
If you claim to be the children of God;
Did your heavenly Father die??

If you say no; then you have no inheritance in the kingdom of God.

If you say yes; then you have to admit that your Father in heaven is the Lord Jesus who died and gave His life as a ransom for many (His children).

My teachings are true, because they come from the Father of truth. John 14:6

Your teachings (Trinity) are lies, because they come from the Father of all lies, just like Jesus said; "he is a liar from the beginning"!

May 28, 2008 9:02 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when Christ prayed to His Father, He was talking to Himself? Look, no one understands this concept, really. Whether you say God AND Christ are one or are three in one, it's saying the same darn thing. The word "AND" denotes two: you wouldn't say "I and me", would you?

Honestly, it's a matter of semantics but everyone's saying the same thing: there's this "Father" element and a "Son" element but it's ONE being. Not many Christians are pantheists. I think this is much ado about nothing.

- James

June 05, 2008 9:10 PM   Edit
Blogger Paul G said...

James;
It is interesting that you don't understand that concept.
But you think you can understand the concept that TWO could be ONE.

Also, it is not a matter of semantics; it is a matter between truth and error, between eternal salvation and eternal condemnation!

The first commandment, 'they shall have no other gods before the Lord thy God'! in other words, 'hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is ONE'! (Mark 12:29)
Consequently He is not two.

If you say that God is one eternal being, then tell me which one?

Trinitarians including Muslims, Jews and all cults believe in an unknowable being called God.
But I have declared Him, 'Jesus Christ'; He is the true God and eternal life and there is no other!

June 07, 2008 10:34 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what, then, is the "Father"? It is another personality of Christ? Did Christ pray to Himself when he prayed?

Also, where in Scripture does it suggest that salvation hinges upon one's understanding (or rejection of) the concept of the Trinity?

- James

June 08, 2008 1:50 AM   Edit
Blogger Paul G said...

James;
The Father is the Lord Jesus Christ, as I said in all the doctrines which I have posted.
The Father is NOT another personality; He is the person of the Lord Jesus.

The Trinity concept, that God is many persons is not in the Bible!
On the contrary, the Scripture teaches that God is one person, Jesus Christ our Lord.

For you to be saved, you must believe in one God, one person, in the person of Jesus Christ our Lord.
Because salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to man by which we must be saved. (Acts 4:12)
Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your House-hold. (Acts 16:31)

Salvation does not hinge or depend on any doctrine!
But the doctrine and your testimony reveal whether you are in Christ or not.
Outside of Christ there is no salvation only religion and doctrines, Churches are full of that.

June 08, 2008 10:39 PM   Edit
Blogger Paul G said...

James;
What do you think?
A person who believes in Allah, is he saved?

A person who believes in Jehovah, is he saved?

Or a person, who believes in God, is he saved?

What about a person who believes in Allah, Jehovah, God and Jesus, is that person saved?

June 09, 2008 10:37 PM   Edit
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Paul, how are you? hows life in australia? Sorry i know this is a board for chatting theology, but really i wanted to come on and say hi :)

Life in South Africa at the moment is challanging. Everyday its like someone finds out i'm Australian and they think im crazy for choosing to reside here with my husband. I tell them its because Gods called me here and where he leads me he'll protect me :) Even the police guy i met today strongly advised me to go back to Aus. Inside i was laughing. I love God. Choosing the foolish things of this world to shame the wise and the weak things to shame the strong.

We went and helped with the displaced refuges the other weekend...it was an eye opener which i desperately tried to ignore and shut out, but its in my face...and hearing gun shots in the middle of the night just streets away is not uncommon.

My husband is becoming so bold in telling people about jesus its awesome and we are seeing so many people healed at church and people being set free from all kinds of things. Every day im finding myself excited at what God will do.

Anyways, with all advancment comes opposition, i havent seen it fully yet come onto Niki and i , but i know its around the corner and i can see it coming, so pray for us :)

i should go, because im hogging up this space but hope you all are well


Love Kellie
kelliemarie84@hotmail.com

June 11, 2008 3:51 AM   Edit
Blogger Paul G said...

G’day Kellie;
It’s good to hear some good news from South Africa, even though challenging as you said.

I am sure the Lord will lead you and your husband safely, because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. One can put a thousand to flight and two ten thousand, so then you are more than conquerors in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Thanks Kellie for the update.

June 12, 2008 11:09 PM   Edit
Blogger Unknown said...

"...and most likely they do not know God."

I know that you know what the scriptures say about this. Please, please, (I say this in all humility) please be careful about making those kinds of judgements.

June 14, 2008 10:53 PM   Edit
Blogger Paul G said...

Thanks Dorsey!
I always welcome a correction and a rebuke from a brother.

I am aware of every careless word I speak and its consequences.
The Lord Jesus has granted me to use this kind of strong language and even stronger when needed.

June 16, 2008 8:58 PM   Edit

Post a Comment

<< Puritan Belief